Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

NOT SO POSITIVE

     I haven't been feeling so positive about the adoption lately, but I finally figured out today that it is the Dr. appointments and the whole immunization issue that is overwhelming me.  I realized this today when our Agency wrote to tell me that they really don't expect the Immunization thing to be an issue.  And if it is, we will be able to appeal.  We also have the option (which I had forgotten about) of having the kids' blood drawn in order to prove immunity.  So I am feeling much more free tonight and ready to tackle more of this mountain of paperwork!
    First on the agenda is getting Anna off to Africa.  She leaves 1 week from this Saturday!  Wow!  I have broken down a few times, but overall, I am so excited for her and wish I was going too!  But she reminds me that I have an adoption to pursue...my own road of purpose.  It's odd though, Anna had this feeling she should only go for 6 months to Africa...this was back last Fall, before we had even thought of adopting.  But instead of going with her gut feeling, she went ahead and told the friend she is going with that she would do the 8 months.  But the closer it got to her leaving, the more uneasy she felt.  So she changed her plane tickets...and is coming home in March.  How odd that that will most likely line up with around the time that we are getting the referral for our girl....and making travel plans for Hungary.  This way we will have time to spend with Anna before we go, and we will also know she is home safe and is here for the others while we are gone.  Strange how things continue to work out.
   That is pretty much it for today.  A boring post, but I wanted to write something in order to keep logging our journey.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I think it is great what you are doing, personally I do not believe in coincidences. Every thing happens according to the plans God has for our lives, I pray everything goes smoothly for you family. How exciting, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete